Technology integration is at the heart of Wolcott's curriculum. Wolcott recognizes that when students, faculty, and administrators are literate and lithe with technology, opportunities for learning are limitless. As part of our technology integration plan, software and applications are chosen for the benefit of the school at large as well as to complement the learning style of each student or the teaching style of any faculty member.
Wolcott's technology capabilities include:
• One-to-one laptop program using Macbook Air Computers
• Interactive white boards in every classroom supporting efforts to present material in a multimedia/multisensory format
• Media lab with desk top computers for computer programming, graphic design, and web design
• High-speed internet access throughout the entire campus, inside and out
• Individualized assistive software, such as dictation and text to speech
Wolcott students will acquire a proficiency in technology, positioning them to understand the technologies of the present and adapt to those of the future. Additionally, students will graduate with a clear understanding of those technological resources that best complement their learning styles.